Has anything given you that feeling deep down in your gut?

Something that reaches into you, seeps into every individual pore and tugs at your heart, at your stomach, at your lungs, at your liver, at every little bit of you.  You’re quite sure it’s taken hold of your soul.  There’s no other feeling in the world.  You have been grabbed at the very core of your existence and shaken silly.  Shaken until every fiber of your being has goosebumps.  It is radiating inwards and outwards at the same time.

The only way to fully express yourself is to let this power forth ~ to release it and let it into the world.  You will never be living a whole life unless you live with this one, amazing, overpowering something. For me, that something is music.  Passion cannot describe it.  It is me.  It takes me over.  I have to sing, I have to perform.  I have to be one with music.  It’s who I am.

I have always felt this way, but this song really brought that feeling forth tonight.  Something about it has left me sitting here for hours, replaying it over and over again.  It reminds me why I want to sing, it makes me feel something.

Christina Perri, "Jar of Hearts"

No comments:

Post a Comment